Crewing and Manning.
At STS, our vetting process for the crew is stringent. We believe a hardworking crew has integrity, credibility, adapts to diversity, and carries his responsibilities with grace and humility.
Our recommended crew is competent and seasoned and we believe in counseling the candidates through the process of inducting them into a new company.
We strongly believe in orienting seafarers into the company culture of our clients. Our focus is on the key elements of recruiting the right candidate at the right wage.
We are believers in handling seafarers with respect, professionalism, and transparency. As a crewing and manning facility, the focus is on:
- Recruitment and placement of seafarers as per the owner’s requirements and matrix
- Access to elite members from Pakistan Marine Academy – Seafarers and Cadets
- Assistance in obtaining any kind of Visas and Flag State documents for the crew
- Crew travel arrangements
- Supply of crew working gears
- Tailor-made manpower facilitation for any type of recycling ships
- Feedback is taken to the ship owners
- No upfront fee from experienced crew for placement onboard
- Other services according to the ship owner’s instructions
- We select suitable crew for the vessel’s trading regarding crew list, qualifications, experience and competency, efficient operation of the vessel, the safety of ship, cargo, and personnel.
- We ensure that all crew holds required valid certificates, including health certificates, flag documents, travel documents, and complies with all the vessel’s trading regulations.
- The crew selection is conducted carefully as per the owners’ requirements and our own strict selection criteria.
Certificates & Diplomas
- All Seamen acquire officially acknowledged Diplomas & Certificates under international requirements/IMO white list and safety standards (ISM, ISPS STCW 95, as amended GMDSS, etc.).
- All officers and ratings are proficient in English. They acquire fluent English speaking and writing skills with relevant certification from Marine University/Navigational institutes
- All crew-members/ratings understand English and have received education in the English language. Furthermore, we arrange refresher courses in maritime English before departure.
- We work with the Principal’s wage scales to succeed in meeting the company’s needs.
- We take the responsibility of all joining formalities of seamen, including departure, VISA, OK TO BOARD, and beyond. Owners only have to instruct local ship agents, and to arrange PTA.
- We motivate each crew for dedicated performance during tenure of service.
- We monitor and control crew payrolls, advance against wages and allotments with timely payments, and ensure compliance with all terms and conditions of the CBA and SEA.
- We monitor and audit (SRPO) Crewing Department/Agency for performance and compliance in their functions.
- We monitor crew contract periods and timely reliefs on completion in collaboration with the Crewing Department/Agency at suitable ports with the arrangements for joining/repatriation, air tickets, agency handling, transport, etc.
- We deal with all crew matters seamlessly in collaboration with the Crewing Department/Agency regarding disputes, disciplinary or issues of incompetence, claims, and medical issues.
Type of vessels we deal with:
- Bulk carrier
- General cargo
- Off-shore supply vessels