At Scancom Trading & Shipping (Pvt.) Ltd., we provide a credible crew to shipping companies across the globe. We’re always prepared to make all the administrative and practical arrangements to get crew where and when you need them. We supply you with a competent crew for your vessels and offer on-going support to suit every requirement. From managing a sizable pool of highly seasoned seafarers to working across a diverse variety of vessel-types, we are specialized to serve all your crewing requirements.
We attract, develop, and retain the best set of crew for you, trained to focus on your needs and specifications. Our expert team understands the importance of crew manning of the right item at the right time at the right wage. Our management centers recruit skilled seafarers and coordinate all your crewing needs upto your satisfaction .
We perform our services with a firm belief in treating seamen with the utmost respect and ensuring they are dealt with professionalism and transparency. As a crewing and manning facility, the focus is on:
- Recruitment and placement of seafarers as per the owner’s requirements and matrix
- Access to elite members from Pakistan Marine Academy – Seafarers and Cadets
- Assistance in obtaining any kind of Visas and Flag State documents for the crew
- Crew travel arrangements
- Supply of crew working gears
- Tailor-made manpower facilitation for any type of recycling ships
- Feedback taken to the ship owners
- No upfront fee from experienced crew for placement onboard
- Other services according to the ship owner’s instructions
- We select suitable crew for the vessel’s trading regarding crew list, qualifications, experience and competency, efficient operation of the vessel, the safety of ship, cargo, and personnel.
- We ensure that all crew holds required valid certificates, including health certificates, flag documents, travel documents, and complies with all the vessel’s trading regulations.
- The crew selection is conducted carefully as per the owners’ requirements and our own strict selection criteria.
Certificates & Diplomas
- All Seamen acquire officially acknowledged Diplomas & Certificates under international requirements/IMO white list and safety standards (ISM, ISPS STCW 95, as amended GMDSS, etc.).
- All officers and ratings are proficient in English. They acquire fluent English speaking and writing skills with relevant certification from Marine University/Navigational institutes
- All crew-members/ratings understand English and have received education in the English language. Furthermore, we arrange refresher courses in maritime English before departure.
- We work with the Principal’s wage scales to succeed in meeting the company’s needs.
- We take the responsibility of all joining formalities of seamen, including departure, VISA, OK TO BOARD, and beyond. Owners only have to instruct local ship agents, and to arrange PTA.
- We motivate each crew for dedicated performance during tenure of service.
- We monitor and control crew payrolls, advance against wages and allotments with timely payments, and ensure compliance with all terms and conditions of the CBA and SEA.
- We monitor and audit (SRPO) Crewing Department/Agency for performance and compliance in their functions.
- We conduct timely reviews and audits while adhering to all conditions of the MLC 2006.
- We monitor crew contract periods and timely reliefs on completion in collaboration with the Crewing Department/Agency at suitable ports with the arrangements for joining/repatriation, air tickets, agency handling, transport, etc.
- We deal with all crew matters seamlessly in collaboration with the Crewing Department/Agency regarding disputes, disciplinary or issues of incompetence, claims, and medical issues.
Type of vessels we deal with:
- Bulk carrier
- General cargo
- Off-shore supply vessels
We look forward to co-operating with new owners with their supply, agency, or any service required. Visit our contact page to reach us.